20041226

Stardate 0412.26: Amphibi-Dracs

Today I spent a lot of time coddling the young, tender amphibious draconian norns. I was about to give up when the male slapped the female to death. But perhaps it was better to work on one before doing two at once.

The draconians seem to stick together when they are first hatched, which makes it a little hard to see which one is doing what. The females seem a little easier to keep content than the males -- but that just may be the two individuals I now have. Draco, the male, is always becoming very bored or very hungry.

Feeding them is another problem; they are carnivores. But there is no "meat" classification of food. The fish dispenser and the meat dispenser put out "food." When the dracs are hungry for starch or protein, it's difficult to know what to tell them. Should they eat just "food," or should they go ahead and have some "fruit" as well?

They also devour critters and bugs for their sustenance. I may have to move them to the Forest, where there are more critters, as they have practically decimated the norngarden pond, and the tomgeckoes. Or I just need to add a Bounty Bugs hive. (Which I hesitate to do, as all those little grubs no doubt make my machine go slower.)

They are quite the little critter hunters. I also managed to get some of those butterflies to live in the norngarden. Hopefully, the caterpillars will not all be eaten, and the population will stabilize. Dracha, the female, likes the butterflies. Draco stalks the tomgeckoes, and tries to figure out how to stuff a portle in his mouth.




Once again, I've transported Gala and Goliath to the far reaches of the norngarden 2. I expect they will migrate back, though. Why? Things are just perverse that way.

I'm having trouble with the grendel eggs -- they're hatching gargoyle norns! This is not how I intended to fix my grendel problem....!



Berna and Blithe are reaching adulthood, and I've gone ahead and let another Narnian egg hatch. This one is Bayli, a golden bengal/fallow mix. She's got a golden bengal head and fallow spots of white on a golden background.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home